Saturday, December 1, 2007

My First Blog

Welcome to my first blog! Since this blog will be about my stitching life and right now I am specifically focused on holiday stitching, I thought I would share pictures of a few of my Christmas finishes (from 2005 and 2006). This first picture is an ornament I did using the DMC Light Effects thread. The pattern was included in the booklet that came with the thread collection. I was very pleased with the way it came out and the threads were pretty easy to stitch with.
This Spool Tree is a Sue Hillis design. This was so much fun to stitch. I love the itty-bitty buttons that came with the chart.
My current holiday stitching projects are well under way. I am working hard on stitching the Christmas Workshop box from the Silver Needle. It is going to be a Christmas gift for my Mom. I have also stitched two ornaments from this year's JCS Ornament issue and am working on a third. I will try to get photos of these WIPs posted soon. Also, I've been working on writing some humorous stitching articles and will start sharing those soon.
Enjoy your holiday stitching!





1 comment:

Nikki said...

Hi Monica. I guess we have the same taste in design for our Blog's !! LOL This should be a fun thing to do, and now I can share my stitching with my mother in California.